Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Same song, different faces...





It's been a week since I have arrived in Princeton, New Jersey and it's been a really full week. The constant stream of new people have fairly tired me out (and I was tired enough before I came!), so my little space that is my new home for the year has fast become my bolthole.

This is it...I kind of like it.

At times the bare walls seem a bit much, but overall it's quite exciting to have a blank canvas to create something new.

It's been nice to have familiar faces and accents here, it has made it seem like home very quickly - and has alleviated the trauma of being treated like an idiot during International Orientation. I really couldn't believe it when we had a 20 min introduction to using a cashline card. We were given scenarios in which we might use it, like buying some clothes or some books or going out for a meal. (I was thinking any time that money might be spent would have covered it.) At one point I thought I had arrived in hell - which would be where everyone treated you as if you couldn't think at all. AHHHHH. But on the whole everyone is friendly and welcoming, perhaps a little too friendly and welcoming at times!

Much of the worship has been familiar, using world church music the world over makes church feel like church wherever you go. Same song, different faces.

No comments: