Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Getting dirty...

I got my knees all muddy. Had dirt under my finger nails and made a mess in the sink with mud when I came home. Today I volunteered to help in a local garden planting some bulbs for the spring. I picked a slightly easier job than most, not fighting with tree roots whilst planting irises and some other pretty tall pink flower. Then I joined the merry gang who were fighting with the tree to plant some daffodils and tulips. I think the others had some kind of landscaping effect going on, however I deliberately mixed up the white daffodils with pink tips with the tulips, so the section I was working on with have a grand surprise, even if the person planting them thought they were landscaping!

It was so nice to be working on something that I had a small input into, that I can go away and forget and then be surprised when something beautiful outwith my control occurs in the world. I am looking forward to spring.

No comments: