Monday, September 15, 2008

NYA 2008 - End of Part One

I have been inspired by some other blogs to write about NYA. Such a lot of stuff happens at NYA. I always find it a place to give and a place to receive. It reminds me of what church should be like all the time. A sanctuary and a light to those that come. As much as for the staff team, as for the delegates.

The theme End of Part One made it seem like changes are afoot. A new chapter is looming. Hints of it were seen throughout the assembly. Highlights for me...

  • chatting til 5am
  • the great escape
  • greeting familiar feet and meeting new ones
  • a Christmas dance
  • the bestest recitation of Tam
  • After Eight being there
  • magic bars of chocolate and biscuit
  • moments of realness with people
  • the grace administrator
  • anointing by stealth
  • anam cara
  • tears
  • Declaratory Article III
  • giggles over dinner
  • Jesus Duncan
  • Bible shopping
  • watching Jesus bite people on the bum :)
  • Team FutureChurch
And so much more... I wonder what would happen if we put NYA into a spaceship and orbited the world for a while? Would the grace filled atmosphere last? I wish I could wax as lyrically as others have about what it really means to me. Maybe it's not ready to come out yet.

No comments: